SEO is an important marketing strategy especially for small businesses. Without it, it’s like having a business without a signage. People won’t know that your business exists. There will be no opportunity to create new customers and transactions.
Here’s a list of the best local business SEO tips to optimize your website.
- Google Analytics. The first step before we proceed to SEO is to make use of Google Analytics Tool. This tool will help you keep track of everything that happens on your website as it creates detailed statistics. From who is currently on the site, to how many visits they made, to the speed of ISPs.
- Google Webmaster. Another important step before SEO is using Google webmaster tools. This will help you identify site issues like load speed and errors.
- Title Tag. This is the most important webpage SEO element. It’s perhaps more important than the URL itself. A title tag is like a short description of your page. It should include your business name, the industry and location. Limit character to less than 70 and include 1-2 keywords.
- H1 Tag. Next to the Title Tag is the H1 Tag or <H1> tag. This is another opportunity to let everyone know about your site. Others use the same words as in the Title Tag but just in a different order. Again, be sure to put keywords in.
- Meta Description. The next on-page SEO optimizer is the meta description tag. That’s the short description you see just under the title tag. Meta descriptions won’t affect rankings. Its main purpose is to invite users to click on you in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Page).
- Internal Links. These are hyperlinks in your content that guide users around your site. These links will help users get to relevant contents on your site. You’ll be able to see results in SERPs when your on-page SEO system is up and running.
- SEO Footer. It’s important to be on Google+ Local if you’re a local business. It’s impossible to rank if they can’t find you locally. Place your NAP in every page of your site, the footer. Make sure that it’s marked up with Schema code.
- Contact Number. Even with technology, it’s still important to make every possible way to contact you available. The phone number being the most important one. Clients will find it easier to talk to you personally.
- The email address of a business is equally important as the phone numbers. Clients can get to you easily. Make it even easier by having a contact form where they just have to write to you directly without having to memorize and enter your email address in an email website.
- Over Optimization. DON’t over optimize or google will penalize you. Refrain from overcrowding your site with keywords and don’t try to manipulate search engine results unfairly. Your first goal should be to provide users with an easy-to-navigate site while adapting proper SEO practices.